JEE Advanced is an integral part of the JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) and will be conducted (in 2016) by seven zonal Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB).The performance of a candidate in this examination will form the basis for admission to various bachelor’s degree programs in eighteen IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM), along with other reputed engineering institutes. Only top 2 lakh candidates of JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. A candidate needs to fulfil every of the criteria to appear in the exam:
- The first criteria include qualifying in JEE Main with a certain amount of cut off marks.
- The candidate should not be 25 years of age and should be among the top 1, 50,000 students in JEE Main.
- Apart from this, the candidate needs to score 75% (for general) and 70% (SC/ST/OBC) in their Boards.
- The number of attempts for the Advanced is limited to two consecutive attempts.
- A candidate has no history of earlier admission to any IITs or ISM.
- A candidate who has appeared for his/her boards in 2014 or earlier is not eligible.
- Candidates who got admission to a preparatory course in any of the IITs in 2015, can appear for Advanced in 2016.
- The candidates whose admission was cancelled in the past are not eligible.
The exam pattern consists of two papers namely Paper-1 and Paper-2 and students need to appear on both. The question paper comprises of three sections- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and is available in two languages Hindi and English. Candidates have to attempt objective type (multiple choice) and numerical answer type questions that are designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates. There is no negative marking in certain sections. Students have to go through the sample papers in order to understand the pattern of every section. Sample papers are pretty much available in the internet and can be downloaded.
A few topic need to be followed for Physics, Maths and Chemistry. The subject matter concluded in the above mentioned subjects are written below:
Physics: General topic, Mechanics, Electricity & Magnetism, Thermal physics, Optics and modern physics.
Chemistry: Physical chemistry, Organic & Inorganic chemistry.
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Analytical geometry and Vectors.
For more and complete details , enrol your name with IIT coaching institutes in Kolkata http://zenithinstitute.co.in/zprofile_registration/