Candidates, who are going to appear for the AIPMT 2016 examination , are advised to go through AIPMT examination pattern so that they can prepare themselves perfectly. The entrance examination will be conducted tentatively on May 1 by the CBSE [ Central Board of Secondary Education ] . The duration of the examination is 3 hours in a single session from 10:00 AM to 1:00 P.M . The detailed information regarding AIPMT 2016 examination is given below.
- AIPMT 2016 Exam Day & Time – AIPMT 2016 will be conducted on May 1. The exam time of AIPMT 2016 is 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Exam Duration: 03 Hours
- Exam Mode Offline – Pen and Paper based exam. Candidates have to be answer on the specially designed machine-gradable OMR sheet using Ball Point Pen. They don’t have to carry any stationary material like ball point pen as it will be provided at exam centres by examination authority
- Language of Paper English/Hindi – AIPMT 2016 question booklet will be a bilingual paper i.e. English and Hindi. As per AIPMT 2016 exam pattern, language of booklet will be given to candidates as per the language opted during filling up the application form
- Question Booklet – There will be four sets of question booklet will be provided to candidates. Last year, question booklet, ABCD/PQRS/ WXYZ were provided to candidates
- Types of question (MCQ) – The question will be of multiple choices. Candidates have to choose correct response from the given four options. Question of AIPMT 2016 will be from the syllabus as prescribed by examination authority
- Number of questions (180) – The AIPMT 2016 questions booklet will have a total of 180 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology & Botany)
- Distribution of questions (45 from each sections) – As per the AIPMT 2016 exam pattern the question booklet will have 45 question from each sections of Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology as shown below.
|Subjects wise questions in AIPMT 2016||No. of Questions – Each Question Carry 4 Marks||Subject wise total marks in AIPMT 2016|
AIPMT 2016 Marking Scheme
- Marking Scheme – Based on the AIPMT Exam Pattern 2016 each question will be of 4 marks. The total mark of AIPMT 2016 is 720. For each correct response candidates will get 4 marks and 1 marks to be deducted for each incorrect response. No marks will be allotted for unmarked response
|For correct answer: +4 marks are given||For incorrect answer: -1 mark is deducted|
AIPMT 2016 Marks Calculation: The score of AIPMT 2016 can be calculated by following procedure.
- AIPMT 2016 Score = 720 – (4 x Number of Correct Answer – 1 mark for each incorrect Answer)
AIPMT 2016 Syllabus: The booklet of AIPMT 2016 exam will have questions from subjects taught during the10+2/HSC level. To Download AIPMT 2016 Syllabus – Click Here
AIPMT 2016 Qualifying Marks – Candidates have to score a minimum marks as prescribed by the examination authority CBSE to qualify the entrance exam. The category wise AIPMT 2016 qualifying marks in terms of marks and percenmtage is mentioned below:
|Candidates’ Category||Qualifying Marks|
|Percentage Wise||Marks Wise out of 720|
|Reserved Category (OBC, SC & ST)||40%||288|
|General Category – PH||45%||324|
|Reserved Category -PH||40%||288|
The graph below shows category wise AIPMT 2016 qualifying mark in terms of percentage. Candidates have to score the required percentage to qualify AIPMT 2016.
The last year AIPMT cut marks for 15% All India Quota: The AIPMT 2016 cut off marks for 15% All India Quota will be declared by examination authority CBSE at the time of declaration of result. The table given below shows the AIPMT cut off score of last two years for different categories. In 2015 the cut off score is higher than 2014 for all category candidates. Candidates can check the AIPMT 2015 cut off score marks wise as well as and rank wise from the table given below:
|Academic Year||Category||Marks Range||Rank Range (All India Quota Seats)||Academic Year||Marks Range||Rank Range (All India Quota Seats)|
|682 – 438||1 – 13605|
|OBC||453-450||14053-14905||438 – 434||13606 – 14528|
|SC||453-324||14200-61238||438 – 295||13671 – 66176|
|ST||451-288||14481-83162||436 – 288||14094 – 70931|
|UR-PH||449-324||15149-61494||435 – 288||14353 – 70930|