Some Important dates for the procedure of WBJEE 2016 are as given in the table below:
|1.||Issuance of WBJEE admit card||3 May 2016|
|2.||WBJEE 2016 due on:
Physics and chemistry
|17 May 2016
9 am to 11:30 pm
12:45 pm to 2:45 pm
3:30 am to 5:30 pm
|3.||Result will be announced on||5 June 2016|
Reservation Of Seats of WBJEE 2016
The reservation of seats under WBJEE 2016 will be as per the policy of the Government of West Bengal. However, SC/ST/PwD/OBC of other states are not entitled to this provision. the PwD candidates will be entitled to the reservation only if they have 50% to 70% locomotor disability. However, if seats under quota remain unfilled candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% will also be granted admission under reserved seats.
As per the institutions, Reservation of Seats for SC/ST/PwD and OBC candidates are mentioned below .
|S.No||Nature of Institutions||Applicability of Reservation Rules for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD Category of Students|
|1||University/University Departments||Concerned University Rules shall be followed|
|2||Government Engineering & Technology and Pharmacy Colleges||Reservation Rules of the State Government shall be followed|
|3||Government Aided Self Financing Engineering/Technology Colleges||Reservation Rules of the State Government shall be followed|
|4||Un-Aided Self Financing Engineering/ Technology/Pharmacy Colleges||Reservation of seats shall be available for students as may be desired by concerned Institution Authority|
WBJEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Fulfilling eligibility criteria is in itself minimum criteria to write WBJEE 2016. Candidates must check it before filling the application form. Only those candidates who fulfill eligibility criteria completely will be allowed to write WBJEE 2016. Eligibility criteria of WBJEE is as below:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant must be 17 years old, as on 31 December 2016. There is no provision for the upper age limit.
- Applicant must have passed 10+2 from a recognized institution with English, Physics and Mathematics as core subjects and Chemistry/ Biology/ Technical Vocational Subjects as optional subjects. Candidate must have attained at least 45% marks in qualifying exam (criteria for ST/ SC/ PwD/ OBC is 40%) and should have scored at least 30% marks in English.
WBJEE 2016 Exam Pattern
The three papers of WBJEE (of Physics-Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology) has been compressed in a single day. However, so far no change has been announced in the exam pattern of it. It was expected that the Board will lessen the number of question but in the recent press release it has released the same exam pattern as before.
Duration, Questions and Marks for each paper of WBJEE are as below:
- The exam will be of 2 hours.
- There will be 80 questions of 100 marks in it.
- The exam will be of two hours.
- There will be 75 questions of 100 marks.
- The exam will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- There will be 115 questions of 150 marks.
Common factor in WBJEE Exam Pattern
- All the questions will be of multiple choice type.
- All the papers will be divided into three category.
- Each question in Category-I will be of 1 mark. Whereas, the questions in Category-II and Category-III will be of 2 marks.
- In category 1 and 2 only one option is correct and for wrong answer negative marking of 1/4 and 1/2 mark will be implemented. However, in category 3 more than one option can be correct and negative marking will not be done.
For more and complete details please logon to http://zenithinstitute.co.in/ , WBJEE coaching institute in kolkata,